Rev. James and Mrs Connie West (1956-1981)
- from: Martin.Haddrill
- uploaded: May 7, 2012
- Hits: 4660
Rev James West, from Cornwall and known as the Cycling Parson, was Vicar of Pilton with Ashford from 1956 to 1981. His wife Connie was from Nuneaton in Warwickshire. They had three children - Richard, Jennifer (now Skentlebury) and Guy. Rev. West was a regular visitor to local factories and schools. They were the first occupants of the new Rectory on Northfield Lane which was built in 1956 by Stan Williams of Pilton whose family kept Pilton Stores and who was sometime Churchwarden and Mayor of Barnstaple. Until 1956 the Vicarage was across the road at what is now Carlyon House. They retired to Wadebridge.
Thanks to John Norman for the photograph and information.