One of a set of three photos of the Devon Agricultural Show when it was held in the grounds of Pilton House in 1900. The cameraman would have been standing where the North Road was later built and before the creation of Rotary Gardens and before there were any homes at Pilton Lawn. This picture shows the crowd behind ropes, the women in their Victorian finery, the men in suits and hats, possibly waiting to see a display by cavalrymen manoeuvring their horses in formation. This display can be seen in one of the other photographs:
The photos are part of a collection owned by the Pearce family which owned Pilton House. Many thanks to Cherry Pearce for bringing these to our attention.